Russia: Ryazan Court Finds Nikolai Baev and Irina Fet, Gay Activists, Guilty of Popularizing Homosexuality
Photo: Irina Fet, Daniil Goodwin and Nikolai Baev
Ryazan court finds gay activists guilty of popularizing homosexuality
Sent by Nicolas Alexeyev
Ryazan, April 6, Interfax – A court in Ryazan has found the organizers of two public events protesting homophobia guilty of popularizing homosexuality and ruled they be fined 1,500 rubles each (34 Eur).
Nikolay Bayev and Irina Fet were found guilty of popularizing homosexuality among minors and the court ruled to fine them 1,500 rubles each, an organizer of the Moscow gay parade Nikolay Alexeyev told Interfax.
On March 30, the gay activists staged public event demonstrating posters reading, “Homosexuality is normal” and “I am proud of my homosexuality.”
The judge ordered the posters be destroyed.
Sexual minorities held their rallies near schools and near a regional children’s library, the court said.
“We will now file a complaint with the Russian Constitutional Court and later the European Court,” Alexeyev said.
Article 3.10 banning the propaganda of homosexuality “is anti-constitutional and must be repealed,” he said.
“The Ryazan region is the only region of the Russian Federation where this article is applied,” Alexeyev said.
- Our Dear Friend Doug Ireland Is Dead at 67
- Gays & Muslims Unite. Stop all Extremists by Peter Tatchell
- Saudi Jailed and Flogged for Gay Video (1,000 Lashes)
- Support Amnesty’s Malawi Campaign – Call for Release of Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga
- Spain: IGLYO – Call for Participants – Legislating LGBTQ, a Conference on Anti-Discrimination Law – Castle of San Servando, Toledo, From May 30th to June 4th 2010
- UK Scouts Condemn Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill – By Peter Tatchell
- Russia: A Homophobe, Vasily Likhachev, Appointed Deputy Minister of Justice
- Russia: Religious and Nationalist Groups Call for the Ban of St Petersburg Pride
- Nepal: Eight Transgenders Join UML Party
- Russia Denied Registering Marriage Equality Russia, a Gay Group Campaigning for Marriage Equality
- Jazz Jennings’ reality show ‘I Am Jazz’ returns for 3rd season
- ‘Free speech’ bus carrying anti-trans message draws protests
- Mike Huckabee suggests ‘anti-Trump’ Republican Lindsey Graham is gay
- ‘Fun Home’ author Alison Bechdel named Vermont’s cartoonist laureate
- Government-funded report calls care for LGBT people with dementia ‘a woeful failure’
- NYC Pride is becoming a protest again
- North Carolina has voted to repeal part of its anti-trans bathroom law – but LGBT leaders are furious
- New California rules would give trans prisoners access to gendered clothing, cosmetics
- George Michael’s cousin makes shocking claims he never loved Fadi Fawaz or Kenny Goss
- Republicans got a journalist fired for accurately reporting lawmaker’s anti-transgender comments
- Student who wrote lesbians were ‘perverse’ in essay loses legal challenge against university
- Comment: Another Soho gay bar has closed – are you to blame?
- South Africa: OUT launches campaign to alert gay men of dangers of casual sex dates
- Maurice Tomlinson's David Kato Award Speech
- Video: Ban Ki Moon 'Respect gay rights' to African leaders
- Ban Ki Moon to African Union: Respect gay rights
- Uganda: Activists pay tribute to David Kato one year since murder
- Kenya: Blackmail and extortion of gay men on the rise
- "Ich bin ein Niemand" ["I'm a nobody"]: Gay Iranian refused German asylum
- Evil against LGBT: Ostensibly in the name of god + the law
- 'Homosexual panic' grips Tunisian politics
- Video: In US, another gay bi-national couple faces deportation
- New research on mental health of LGBT refugees
- Israel refuses citizenship for Israeli man's husband
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Flash floods in central Peru: an Urgent Appeal to the UN and the EU institutio
- Appeal to the EU. Justice for the Roma families evicted from Genoa-Cornigliano
- Appeal to international institutions: a dangerous coal plant is going to be reopened in Genoa
- 2 août. Journée internationale de Commémoration de l’Holocauste des Roms
- Surmonter les camps de Roms. Une idéologie perverse
- Je suis* Jacques Hamel
- Terrorist attack in Nice. A message of condolence
- Our condolence for the death of Burundian former Minister Hon. Hafsa Mossi
- Camp Liberty under missile attack
- Urgent action needed to protect the refugee M.J.
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Russian Ministry of Justice refused Marriage Equality
- NYC: Brendan Fay - Protest At Iraq Mission Murders Gay Men
- Jamaican Boycott Rum Dump at Historic Stonewall Inn
- Gay Iraqi May Face Death Penalty
- San Francisco Gays Protest 6 Gay Iraqi Murders, April 6 2009
- Rama Yade, Maxime Verhagen - ONU, 18 décembre 2008 (Full)
- Rama Yade, Maxime Verhagen - ONU, New York, 18 décembre 2008
- Iraq: Queer Fear - Gay Life, Gay Death
- Pegah Emambakhsh's Interview - BBC Radio 4 - March 8th 2008
- Iran: Execution of 29 People, Sunday 27th July 2008
- South Africa: TAC, AIDS Groups Help “Foreigners"
- Mehdi Kazemi: EU Parliament Vote
- Writers Block and the Same old Ignorance
- Queer is Normal; Get over it.
- All the Haters.....
- Being a Leader
- To A Moral Uganda?
- BBC Witness; A Valentine's Day Special....
- Irresponsible Reporting
- Kenny the Nigerian; Forced Outing
- Social Media..., your phone contact list....
- Films of Queer Africa
- The Confidence to Be yourself.
- Somizi; Queer Africans of Faith
- US embassy in Yerevan reaffirms its commitment to support rights of LGBT Armenians
- Apricot Groves film: Iranian Armenian trans man returns to Armenia...
- Embassy of Sweden in Yerevan delivers Valentine’s note featuring gay couple
- X Factor Armenia judges: homophobes, closets and… drag
- Australian Armenian same-sex marriage supporter Gladys Berejiklian appointed Premier of Australia’s most populous state
- Personal: growing up with George Michael
- 2nd Rainbow Armenia LGBT rights forum underway - Picture of the Day
- NEFUIL: new initiative by Armenian LGBT activist
- Pope Francis in Armenia presented with the “gift of the Armenian people” created by openly gay American-Armenian designer Michael Aram
- Istanbul Gay Pride: my diary of a powerful LGBT civil rights march
- London Pride 2016 (photo story)
- Armenia and Orlando
- Our Dear Friend Doug Ireland Is Dead at 67 wp.me/p6Zdh-HZ 3 years ago
- Gays & Muslims Unite. Stop all Extremists by Peter Tatchell wp.me/p6Zdh-HS 3 years ago
- Babi Badalov, Gay Azerbaijani Artist Rejected by the UK Wins Asylum in France http://wp.me/p6Zdh-Hi 5 years ago
- A quién lloran los homosexuales polacos: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-Hb 6 years ago
- Saudi Jailed and Flogged for Gay Video (1,000 Lashes): http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H9 7 years ago
- Support Amnesty's Malawi Campaign - Call for Release of Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H6 7 years ago
- Amnesty International Is Being Urged to Adopt Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga as Prisoners of Conscience - By … http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H0 7 years ago
- Spain: IGLYO - Call for Participants - Legislating LGBTQ, a Conference on Anti-Discrimination Law - Castle of San Ser… http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GW 7 years ago
- UK: Greens Launch LGBT Manifesto: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GT 7 years ago
- Babi Badalov: L'Homophobie (Artwork): http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GN 7 years ago
- Distorting Desire by Brian Whitaker, about Desiring Arabs by Joseph Massad
- Gays back disabled protest in Gibraltar – Peter Tatchell Supports Parents’ Demand for a Public Inquiry
- Gays Without Borders Newsletter Subscription
- Makwan Moloudzadeh, the Whole Story, by Doug Ireland
- Mehdi Kazemi Is Safe – EveryOne Group Celebrates With Allies And Announces New Human Right Campains
- Moses: The Passover Trip and Other Biblical Hallucinations
- Peter Tatchell: Asylum System is Criminal
- Peter Tatchell: Galloway’s Iranian Propaganda?
- Peter Tatchell: Gay Asylum Reform Proposals
- Petition for Mehdi Kazemi: Europe Must Stop Deportation of Iranian Queers
- Poster Folsom Europe Berlin, 01 September 07
- Poster Folsom Europe Berlin, 06 September 08 and Folsom Street Fair
- Statement on Human Rights, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Support the Iranian People, Oppose Tehran’s Clerical Fascism by Peter Tatchell
- Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Activism Ahmadinejad AIDS Ali Hili Asylum Christo-Fascism Death Penalty Deportation Execution France Gay Gay Life Gay Rights Gays Without Borders GLBT GWB Hanging Homophobia Homosexuality Human Rights Irak Iran Iraq Iraqi Iraqi LGBT Islam Islamism Lesbian Lesbianism LGBT LGBTQ LGBTT London Mehdi Kazemi Moscow News Nicolas Alexeyev Nikolai Alekseev Nikolai Alekseyev Outrage Peter Tatchell Queer Refugee Russia Uganda UK UN Universal Decriminalisation of Homosexuality US Vatican
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007