London: Defend Mehdi Kazemi, Oppose Iran’s Homophobic Persecution, Join the Protest, Saturday March 22nd
March 20, 2008 in Asylum, Gay, Gay Life, Gay Rights, Gays Without Borders, GLBT, Gordon Brown, GWB, Hanging, Home Office, Homophobia, Homosexual, Homosexuality, Iran, Islam, Jacqui Smith, Jojo Jako Yakob, LGBT, London, Mehdi Kazemi, Outrage, Peter Tatchell, Protest, Queer, Reich IV, Sexual Orientation, Torture, UK
Defend Mehdi Kazemi
Oppose Iran’s homophobic persecution
Reform the asylum system to protect LGBT refugees
Join the protest
This Saturday, 22 March
2pm to 3pm
Opposite Downing Street, Whitehall, SW1
Friends and supporters of gay Iranian asylum seeker, Mehdi Kazemi, are asking you to join our protest opposite Downing Street this Saturday, March 22nd:
Our demands are:
– Don’t send Mehdi Kazemi back to his death in Iran
– Down with Iran’s homophobic laws
– For the right to settle in the UK.
The event is sponsored by Middle East Workers’ Solidarity and the National Union of Students LGBT campaign, and is supported by the LGBT human rights group, OutRage!
www.union-solidarity.org has more details.
OutRage! is highlighting the five failings of the Home Office with regard to LGBT refugees:
– No training on sexual orientation issues for asylum staff and adjudicators
– No explicit official policy supporting the right of refugees to claim asylum on the grounds of sexual orientation
– No action to stamp out the abuse of LGBT refugees in UK asylum detention camps
– No accurate, up-to-date information on the victimisation of LGBT people in violently homophobic countries
– No access to adequate legal representation for LGBT asylum applicants
We hope to see you on Saturday at 2pm.
Solidarity and appreciation, Peter Tatchell, OutRage!
- Our Dear Friend Doug Ireland Is Dead at 67
- Gays & Muslims Unite. Stop all Extremists by Peter Tatchell
- Saudi Jailed and Flogged for Gay Video (1,000 Lashes)
- Support Amnesty’s Malawi Campaign – Call for Release of Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga
- Spain: IGLYO – Call for Participants – Legislating LGBTQ, a Conference on Anti-Discrimination Law – Castle of San Servando, Toledo, From May 30th to June 4th 2010
- UK Scouts Condemn Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill – By Peter Tatchell
- Russia: A Homophobe, Vasily Likhachev, Appointed Deputy Minister of Justice
- Russia: Religious and Nationalist Groups Call for the Ban of St Petersburg Pride
- Nepal: Eight Transgenders Join UML Party
- Russia Denied Registering Marriage Equality Russia, a Gay Group Campaigning for Marriage Equality
- Watch: NYC Pastor showers anti-hate speech demonstrators with hate speech
- Photos: These HIV-positive guys are tackling stigma by stripping off
- Student president claims he was suspended for opposing PM’s LGBT honour
- Queen frontman faces backlash due to being ‘filthy, gay and anti family’
- Commonwealth People’s Forum makes history by backing LGBT rights… but leaders won’t
- Confused about gender, sex and sexuality? This trans YouTuber can help
- Watch: Gay guy sees a trans woman’s vagina for the first time
- Nigel Farage claims ‘HIV sufferers’ can’t get drugs because of migrants
- Will Pope Francis raise LGBT rights during his first visit to Africa?
- People don’t realise how homophobic the Commonwealth is
- Uganda passes terrifying new law that could be used to shut down all pro-gay charities
- Deputy Mayor faces complaints after claiming you get ‘hooked’ into homosexuality like drinking
- South Africa: OUT launches campaign to alert gay men of dangers of casual sex dates
- Raped and tortured Nigerian in danger of being deported
- Maurice Tomlinson's David Kato Award Speech
- Video: Ban Ki Moon 'Respect gay rights' to African leaders
- Ban Ki Moon to African Union: Respect gay rights
- Uganda: Activists pay tribute to David Kato one year since murder
- Kenya: Blackmail and extortion of gay men on the rise
- "Ich bin ein Niemand" ["I'm a nobody"]: Gay Iranian refused German asylum
- Evil against LGBT: Ostensibly in the name of god + the law
- 'Homosexual panic' grips Tunisian politics
- Video: In US, another gay bi-national couple faces deportation
- New research on mental health of LGBT refugees
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- An appeal for the life of Ashraf Fayadh, the poet sentenced to death in Saudi Arabia
- The case of Jackie N. An urgent appeal to the dutch authorities
- Urgent action - A cry for justice: UN and EU must save Janet Kawuma
- October 29, 2015: Missile Attack on Camp Liberty
- International Call to change officials in charge of Camp Liberty in Iraq.
- Mogherini’s Iran trip encourages more executions
- The Stars in the Rice Field by Authors Roberto Malini and Dario Picciau
- LGBT Refeugees from Uganda: an appeal to the UK Government
- En el Consulado General del Perú en Milán, encuentro con el poeta Steed Gamero
- La solitude des pauvres
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Russian Ministry of Justice refused Marriage Equality
- NYC: Brendan Fay - Protest At Iraq Mission Murders Gay Men
- Jamaican Boycott Rum Dump at Historic Stonewall Inn
- Gay Iraqi May Face Death Penalty
- San Francisco Gays Protest 6 Gay Iraqi Murders, April 6 2009
- Rama Yade, Maxime Verhagen - ONU, 18 décembre 2008 (Full)
- Rama Yade, Maxime Verhagen - ONU, New York, 18 décembre 2008
- Iraq: Queer Fear - Gay Life, Gay Death
- Pegah Emambakhsh's Interview - BBC Radio 4 - March 8th 2008
- Iran: Execution of 29 People, Sunday 27th July 2008
- South Africa: TAC, AIDS Groups Help “Foreigners"
- Mehdi Kazemi: EU Parliament Vote
- In the Name of God, or Gods, whatever
- Not so subtle call to kill gays.
- Ugandan 'leadership'
- Messing up my world....
- A Wet Sunday Afternoon
- Miscellaneous issues.....
- Madness in Ghana... Investigation of Homosexuals!!!!!
- Reparative Therapy.
- HIV Prevention....
- 30 years of HIV, AIDS
- Martyrs Day in Uganda....
- Its a Beautiful Day!
- US Ambassador and UN office in Armenia in solidarity with LGBT activists amid homophobic hysteria and threats following groundbreaking Rainbow forum
- Bayer Healthcare distances itself from homophobic head of the Armenian Association of Young Doctors, avoids making public statement
- President of the Armenian Association of Young Doctors calls for anti-gay violence
- Lesbian Azeri activists in Baku stage photo-session in front of mosque : “We exist!”
- Tangerine: transgender revenge story, intertwined with Armenian storyline
- Gay Armenian man from Boston: “What would happen if people of Yerevan knew I was gay?”
- #RidewithPride - take a ride on DLR trains in London wrapped in rainbow
- Aram + Ashot, Hovul + Ruben - from Armenian grammar book to inscriptions on Berlin wall
- The Stonewall Inn... Place, where Pride began
- New draft of Armenia Constitution effectively bans same-sex marriage
- Armenia president’s administration, ministries respond to LGBT rights letter
- Turkey’s Armenian MP Garo Paylan: I want “new world” founded on equality
- Our Dear Friend Doug Ireland Is Dead at 67 wp.me/p6Zdh-HZ 2 years ago
- Gays & Muslims Unite. Stop all Extremists by Peter Tatchell wp.me/p6Zdh-HS 2 years ago
- Babi Badalov, Gay Azerbaijani Artist Rejected by the UK Wins Asylum in France http://wp.me/p6Zdh-Hi 4 years ago
- A quién lloran los homosexuales polacos: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-Hb 5 years ago
- Saudi Jailed and Flogged for Gay Video (1,000 Lashes): http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H9 5 years ago
- Support Amnesty's Malawi Campaign - Call for Release of Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H6 5 years ago
- Amnesty International Is Being Urged to Adopt Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga as Prisoners of Conscience - By … http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H0 5 years ago
- Spain: IGLYO - Call for Participants - Legislating LGBTQ, a Conference on Anti-Discrimination Law - Castle of San Ser… http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GW 5 years ago
- UK: Greens Launch LGBT Manifesto: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GT 5 years ago
- Babi Badalov: L'Homophobie (Artwork): http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GN 5 years ago
- Distorting Desire by Brian Whitaker, about Desiring Arabs by Joseph Massad
- Gays back disabled protest in Gibraltar – Peter Tatchell Supports Parents’ Demand for a Public Inquiry
- Gays Without Borders Newsletter Subscription
- Makwan Moloudzadeh, the Whole Story, by Doug Ireland
- Mehdi Kazemi Is Safe – EveryOne Group Celebrates With Allies And Announces New Human Right Campains
- Moses: The Passover Trip and Other Biblical Hallucinations
- Peter Tatchell: Asylum System is Criminal
- Peter Tatchell: Galloway’s Iranian Propaganda?
- Peter Tatchell: Gay Asylum Reform Proposals
- Petition for Mehdi Kazemi: Europe Must Stop Deportation of Iranian Queers
- Poster Folsom Europe Berlin, 01 September 07
- Poster Folsom Europe Berlin, 06 September 08 and Folsom Street Fair
- Statement on Human Rights, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Support the Iranian People, Oppose Tehran’s Clerical Fascism by Peter Tatchell
- Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Activism Ahmadinejad AIDS Ali Hili Asylum Christo-Fascism Death Penalty Deportation Execution France Gay Gay Life Gay Rights Gays Without Borders GLBT GWB Hanging Homophobia Homosexuality Human Rights Irak Iran Iraq Iraqi Iraqi LGBT Islam Islamism Lesbian Lesbianism LGBT LGBTQ LGBTT London Mehdi Kazemi Moscow News Nicolas Alexeyev Nikolai Alekseev Nikolai Alekseyev Outrage Peter Tatchell Queer Refugee Russia Uganda UK UN Universal Decriminalisation of Homosexuality US Vatican
- November 2013
- October 2013
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007