Archive for the ‘Russian Imperial Movement’ Category
March 1, 2010 in Gay, Gay Life, Gay Parade, Gay Pride, Gay Rights, Gay Russia, GLBT, Homophobia, Homosexuality, LGBT, Nationalist, Nicolas Alexeyev, Orthodox Church, Russian Imperial Movement, St Petersburg Pride, St. Petersburg, Valentina Matvienko
Religious and Nationalist Groups call for the ban of St Petersburg Pride
Sent by Nicolas Alexeyev
Extracts of a letter addressed to the Governor of the City.
A group of Religious and Nationalist organizations sent a common letter to the Governor of St Petersburg, Valentina Matvienko, asking her to prohibit any gay pride march in the city.
The letter of which ‘rusk.ru’ received a copy says:
“We are categorically against holding any public events, which in any way present a propaganda of sexual perversions.
“Any parade is a demonstration – demonstration is a form of propaganda. As a result, a gay pride is a propaganda of homosexuality.
“Love between a man and a woman exists only for one purpose – to give birth to a new life but gay pride is the propaganda of death”
“But why does no one remember that holding these actions grossly violates the right of the majority and is doubtful from the point of moral action?
“After all, for the majority of our country and, in particular, for our city, homosexuality is an unacceptable deviation from the norm, a moral rejection and a disgust.
“We are constantly told that democracy is the government of majority, but it turns out that the interests of the majority would be sacrificed to a handful of people with unnatural sexual orientation”
The statement is signed by several nationalists and religious groups among them “Intellectuals of the Orthodox Church; Russian Imperial Movement; Movement “For Faith and Fatherland”, “People’s Cathedral”, “Imperial Russia Union”.
The first official gay pride in St Petersburg is scheduled on June 26.
- Support Amnesty’s Malawi Campaign – Call for Release of Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga
- Spain: IGLYO – Call for Participants – Legislating LGBTQ, a Conference on Anti-Discrimination Law – Castle of San Servando, Toledo, From May 30th to June 4th 2010
- UK Scouts Condemn Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill – By Peter Tatchell
- Russia: A Homophobe, Vasily Likhachev, Appointed Deputy Minister of Justice
- Russia: Religious and Nationalist Groups Call for the Ban of St Petersburg Pride
- Nepal: Eight Transgenders Join UML Party
- Russia Denied Registering Marriage Equality Russia, a Gay Group Campaigning for Marriage Equality
- Uganda: Interview with Frank Mugisha, Ugandan LGBTI Activist
- UK: Protest the Pope Downing Street Petition Launched – Gordon Brown Urged to Disassociate the Government from Pope’s Views – By Peter Tatchell
- False Gay Marriage Rumor Sparks Kenyan Riots – By Doug Ireland
- Italy: LGBT-supporting priest who called for an openly gay Pope dies at 84
- US: Boy Scouts of America to vote on whether to allow gay members
- Canada lifts lifetime ban on gay men giving blood, but they can only donate if celibate for five years
- US radio host: Employers should be allowed to discriminate against gays who ‘display their lifestyle’
- Czech president makes U-turn and grudgingly honours gay academic with title
- Russia: Council of Europe demands protection for gay pride rallies
- Scottish Lib Dem leader urges Scotland to follow England’s lead on equal marriage
- Seven amusing and shocking things we learned during the equal marriage debate
- France: Far-right leader pays tribute to anti-gay historian who shot himself dead over equal marriage
- Tory MP David Burrowes accuses David Lammy of ‘playing the race card’ in equal marriage debate
- Lib Dem MP Greg Mulholland: I would rather be called a ‘s**t’ than a homophobe and the equal marriage bill is flawed
- Lib Dem MP Greg Mulholland brands student a s**t in equal marriage Twitter row
- South Africa: OUT launches campaign to alert gay men of dangers of casual sex dates
- Raped and tortured Nigerian in danger of being deported
- Maurice Tomlinson's David Kato Award Speech
- Video: Ban Ki Moon 'Respect gay rights' to African leaders
- Ban Ki Moon to African Union: Respect gay rights
- Uganda: Activists pay tribute to David Kato one year since murder
- Kenya: Blackmail and extortion of gay men on the rise
- "Ich bin ein Niemand" ["I'm a nobody"]: Gay Iranian refused German asylum
- Evil against LGBT: Ostensibly in the name of god + the law
- 'Homosexual panic' grips Tunisian politics
- Video: In US, another gay bi-national couple faces deportation
- New research on mental health of LGBT refugees
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Reapareció, José María Aznar reapareció
- El Ayuntamiento de Málaga denegará subvenciones a las entidades que atenten contra el derecho de plena ciudadanía de las personas LGTB
- Venezuela, divisiones y corrupción entre el Chavismo
- Guatemala, el Constitucional anula la condena al dictador Ríos Montt
- Nueva York, escalada de violencia antigay
- Nueva York conmocionada tras asesinato de hombre gay en Greenwich Village
- Felgtb, carta abierta a la diputada del PP que niega el acoso escolar LGTBfóbico en Madrid
- El Salvador: la Corte Suprema juega con la vida de una joven
- Amnesty, activistas de todo el mundo contra la homofobia en Jamaica, Ucrania y Sudáfrica
- Felgtb denuncia al Sistema Educativo ante el Defensor del Pueblo y todas las defensorías de las comunidades autónomas
- Homophobic and transphobic violence in Georgia on IDAHO
- Commissioner Reding refuses to take leadership or step up EU action on LGBTI issues
- Not “la vie en rose”: the most comprehensive overview of the LGBTI people rights and lives in Europe 2013
- Council of Europe campaign: action day against LGBTI-phobic hate speech
- How it is to be Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex in Europe in 2013?
- Milan. Tomorrow, human rights explained to young people
- Adieu, Beni!
- Letter of 1000 women residents of Camp Liberty
- Iraq, the European Parliament is working to protect the Liberty residents
- International Literary Prize Juan Montalvo
- Urgent appeal for Camp Liberty (Iraq)
- Iraq: another attack on Camp Liberty. Urgent appeal
- We are all Boston: No need for revenge
- We are Boston
- Proscovia has finally been granted asylum
- Frank Mugisha: Part 2 - Interview with Ugandan LGBTI Activist
- Frank Mugisha: Part 1 - Interview with Ugandan LGBTI Activist
- Peter Tatchell: Malawi Intensifies Prosecution of Gays (II)
- Peter Tatchell: Malawi Intensifies Prosecution of Gays (I)
- Malawian Gay Couple Appear in Court
- Davis Mac-Iyalla (Nigeria and co-founder of GAAI)
- Anarşi NİhilisT - Anarchist Protest in Turkey
- Support Israeli Human Rights Activist Ezra Nawi
- Robert Badinter Speech - World Congress Against Homophobia and Transphobia - Paris 15 May 2009
- Slavic Pride 2009: 40 Arrested - Tatchell Is Speaking
- Slavic Pride 2009: 40 Arrested - Andy Thayer Speaking
- Slavic Pride 2009: 40 Arrested
- Russian Ministry of Justice refused Marriage Equality
- NYC: Brendan Fay - Protest At Iraq Mission Murders Gay Men
- Jamaican Boycott Rum Dump at Historic Stonewall Inn
- Gay Iraqi May Face Death Penalty
- San Francisco Gays Protest 6 Gay Iraqi Murders, April 6 2009
- Rama Yade, Maxime Verhagen - ONU, 18 décembre 2008 (Full)
- Rama Yade, Maxime Verhagen - ONU, New York, 18 décembre 2008
- Iraq: Queer Fear - Gay Life, Gay Death
- Pegah Emambakhsh's Interview - BBC Radio 4 - March 8th 2008
- Iran: Execution of 29 People, Sunday 27th July 2008
- South Africa: TAC, AIDS Groups Help “Foreigners"
- Mehdi Kazemi: EU Parliament Vote
- In the Name of God, or Gods, whatever
- Not so subtle call to kill gays.
- Ugandan 'leadership'
- Messing up my world....
- A Wet Sunday Afternoon
- Miscellaneous issues.....
- Madness in Ghana... Investigation of Homosexuals!!!!!
- Reparative Therapy.
- HIV Prevention....
- 30 years of HIV, AIDS
- Martyrs Day in Uganda....
- Its a Beautiful Day!
- Part III: Criminal church: Georgian Orthodox Church incited and led anti-gay attacks in Tbilisi
- Armenia: video against anti-LGBT bullying in schools - Words hurt | Բառերը խոցում են
- First Memorandum by the Regional Network Against Homophobia (Middle East, North Africa, Balkans, South Caucasus)
- PINK Armenia: Rainbow flashmob to mark IDAHO in Yerevan
- Part II: LGBT activists under attack in Tbilisi: Georgian police and politicians
- Part I: Victory for homophobes. Defeat for Georgia
- Armenia - at the bottom of Europe re human rights protection of its LGBT citizens
- Respects: Georgia PM Ivanishvili publicly supports rights of LGBT citizens ahead of IDAHO rally in Tbilisi
- Norwegian Helsinki Committee calls Armenia authorities to adopt anti-discrimination legislation and tackle hate crime
- #nohate Roundtable discussion on hate culture in Armenia 1 year on following DIY firebombing
- DIY watershed: one year on since gay friendly bar firebombed in Armenia capital Yerevan
- "Speak up!": PINK Armenia’s anti-bullying message to mark Day of Silence
- Babi Badalov, Gay Azerbaijani Artist Rejected by the UK Wins Asylum in France http://wp.me/p6Zdh-Hi 2 years ago
- A quién lloran los homosexuales polacos: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-Hb 3 years ago
- Saudi Jailed and Flogged for Gay Video (1,000 Lashes): http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H9 3 years ago
- Support Amnesty's Malawi Campaign - Call for Release of Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H6 3 years ago
- Amnesty International Is Being Urged to Adopt Steven Monjeza and Tiwonge Chimbalanga as Prisoners of Conscience - By … http://wp.me/p6Zdh-H0 3 years ago
- Spain: IGLYO - Call for Participants - Legislating LGBTQ, a Conference on Anti-Discrimination Law - Castle of San Ser… http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GW 3 years ago
- UK: Greens Launch LGBT Manifesto: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GT 3 years ago
- Babi Badalov: L'Homophobie (Artwork): http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GN 3 years ago
- UK Scouts condemn Uganda Anti-Homosexuality Bill - By Peter Tatchell: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-GH 3 years ago
- Russia: Religious and Nationalist Groups Call for the Ban of St Petersburg Pride: http://wp.me/p6Zdh-Gx 3 years ago
- Distorting Desire by Brian Whitaker, about Desiring Arabs by Joseph Massad
- Gays back disabled protest in Gibraltar – Peter Tatchell Supports Parents’ Demand for a Public Inquiry
- Gays Without Borders Newsletter Subscription
- Makwan Moloudzadeh, the Whole Story, by Doug Ireland
- Mehdi Kazemi Is Safe – EveryOne Group Celebrates With Allies And Announces New Human Right Campains
- Moses: The Passover Trip and Other Biblical Hallucinations
- Peter Tatchell: Asylum System is Criminal
- Peter Tatchell: Galloway’s Iranian Propaganda?
- Peter Tatchell: Gay Asylum Reform Proposals
- Petition for Mehdi Kazemi: Europe Must Stop Deportation of Iranian Queers
- Poster Folsom Europe Berlin, 01 September 07
- Poster Folsom Europe Berlin, 06 September 08 and Folsom Street Fair
- Statement on Human Rights, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity
- Support the Iranian People, Oppose Tehran’s Clerical Fascism by Peter Tatchell
- Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Activism Ahmadinejad AIDS Ali Hili Asylum Christo-Fascism Death Penalty Deportation Execution France Gay Gay Life Gay Rights Gays Without Borders GLBT GWB Hanging Homophobia Homosexuality Human Rights Irak Iran Iraq Iraqi Iraqi LGBT Islam Islamism Lesbian Lesbianism LGBT LGBTQ LGBTT London Mehdi Kazemi Moscow News Nicolas Alexeyev Nikolai Alekseev Nikolai Alekseyev Outrage Peter Tatchell Queer Refugee Russia Uganda UK UN Universal Decriminalisation of Homosexuality US Vatican
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
- September 2007
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31